Serving Hillsdale County since 1853
We the Catholic people of St. Anthony of Padua, reflecting the faith of many communities of Hillsdale County, and endowed by the Spirit with diverse gifts, gather together as a family in the name of Jesus Christ. We grow in the love and knowledge of the Lord through our worship, sacraments, prayer, scripture, and our encounters with him in one another. As friends and followers of Jesus, we provide compassion and aid for those in need, realizing this can be accomplished only with the stewardship of our time, talent, and resources.
Fr. David Reamsnyder
Pastor of St. Anthony Catholic Church
Meet the St. Anthony's Staff
Click a parish staff member's picture below to send them an email.
A Registered Michigan Historical Site
The origins of Catholicism in Hillsdale County date to the 1840s when Irishmen who worked for the Southern Railroad settled here. In 1853 the Reverend Hoseph Kindekens of Adrian and eighty-five people organized St. Anthony’s parish. The former Presbyterian Church, which was located on this site, became the first house of worship. In 1858 the Reverend Charles Ryckaert became the pastor and built a rectory. After the Reverend Peter Slane arrived in 1878, the old church was razed to make way for the present one. On June 15, 1884, Bishop Casper Borgess dedicated this spired Gothic Revival Church. St. Anthony’s Church remains the only Catholic parish in Hillsdale County.
Parish Council Members
Click the contact button below a parish council member's name to send them an email.